Top 5 Modern Website Design Elements - Consistently, we hear and talk about websites. Someone suggests some good websites based on our preferences, for instance, a friend suggesting a good site for blogs or maybe for shopping. So currently, websites are undoubtedly the most important element of the digital world.
Defining a website would be - a collection of publicly accessible, interlinked web pages that share the same domain name. A website can be created and looked after by an individual, group, business or organizations to serve different purposes. Combining, all publicly accessible websites constitute the World Wide Web.
Different websites serve different purposes. Some of the main types of websites are:
Now that we are surrounded by websites, you must know that it plays an important role if you are a business owner. Simply put, websites are important because:
Well, till now you must have understood the importance of owning a website, but, not only the website but it’s elements matter too! The overall feel and look of your website design is an important part of your online presence. You must be thinking of some magical tricks that famed websites must have! Let me tell you Top 5 Modern Website Design Elements that you need to focus on if you want your website to shine among the crowd.
1. Overall Feel and Visual Appearance of Your Website - You must have been through the saying ‘First impact is the last impact’ and somewhere you believe this too. According to a study conducted, users take only 50 milliseconds to decide whether to stay on your site or to move on to another. So, you need to grab their attention in this short span of time. Make sure your design is aligned and leaves a soothing effect on the eyes. Your site should be simple, intuitive, clean, organized and accessible. Use white space to ensure that you give the elements on your site a room to breathe. You can go for grid-based designs to keep things simple and well-organized.
Photographs, infographics, logos, videos, provide supplementary information to your website. But when using these make sure that they complement the text and the brand you’re trying to represent.
2. Choose the Color Scheme Wisely - The colour palette that you will choose will indirectly inform your site visitors about your works and service that you offer. Trust us the colour scheme of your website is really important and will set your website for greater success. To make this process of deciding the colour scheme less headache, you can research the trending colour scheme that suits your website's purpose. You can pay attention to the competitors brand or industry perspective along with your target audience demographics.
For instance, if you own a portfolio website, you should go for ultramarine blue, sap green or basic black. While a professional photographer may want to give it a vintage or monochromatic look to showcase the vibrancy of his/her works. You also need to pay attention to your readers expectations, new parents would appreciate the hues of salmon pink, flesh tint or lemon yellow. A site dedicated to teens and young adults needs to have bold colours like turquoise or teal blue, while grownups and grandparents would prefer refined shades of colour.
Once you decide the dominant color, you can choose the complementary colour that goes well with the first one.
3. Typography - Coming to the fonts, choose the font that is easy to read and gives a clear view. Don’t go for those curly fonts. Most formal sites go for choosing Serif font. Also, keep in mind the size of the font used, it should be approx 16. Obviously, you can go for a complementary font that can be used for headings and subheadings, but don’t choose beyond three typefaces. Also say a big no to unnecessary size adjustments.
Make sure there’s plenty of contrast between your font colours and background colour, which generally means a light color contrasting with a dark tone. Choose the font color wisely that will go well with the background colour of your site, avoid those combinations of yellow font on red background and likewise.
4. Navigation - Don’t get creative with your site navigation. Don’t overly animate your site making it complex for your site visitors. Be very clear of the elements that need to exist in a site’s header, body and footer. Remember these elements serve the purpose of directing your visitors to the information that they are looking for, so keep it simple and accessible. You can go for the hamburger menu type or the traditional website type that has all the elements in the header menu.
To make your site more user-friendly add a ‘Back to Top’ button, making it easy for them to scroll through your site. Also take a note of the elements in the footer menu. You can add your contact details at the footer, or a sign up form for users to stay connected to you.
5. Content - When you are done with layout, colour scheme, typography and elements now it’s time to bring the content. Site visitors are your potential customer, in order to make them choose you, you need to convince them. Keep your content precise and easy to understand. Don’t go for technical terms. Examine each word closely and see whether you really need it. Extra words can make your site dull and bring down your brand’s primary selling points.
Organize your content properly in sections for users to find information easily. Ensure that ‘About Us’ and ‘Contact’ pages have the appropriate tone and convey your services and products in the right way.
If you are looking for a Website Design Company in India, then you have landed at the right place, set up in the year 2013, GoDigipro is a Marketing and Advertising agency in New Delhi, India, that provides excellent web designing solutions. We are sure that with our energy, skill in conceptualizing ideas and proposing an altered digital marketing system that will explicitly meet consumer prerequisites, we will grow up to be among the top worldwide 360-degree marketing agencies.
We are always there to help you, for any queries contact our ever responsive Email and contact number.